Keeping track of your medical information is an important part of your overall health, and many health systems now offer online patient portal websites or apps to help patients manage their care.
If you’ve visited any Carson Valley Medical Center location, you can find details about that visit in MyChart (to learn more or to sign up for MyChart, visit this link), but thanks to some exciting new technological updates at Carson Valley Medical Center, you can now import that information into Apple Health and other non-CVMC healthcare apps.
With more than 130 hospitals now participating in this initiative, it’s easier than ever before to access your health information in one convenient healthcare app.
Using Apple Health and Other Non-CVMC Healthcare Apps
If you have a MyChart account, you can share your information with approved non-CVMC healthcare apps that use FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources). When you find an app, such as Apple Health or 1upHealth, that allows for importing data from a patient portal, follow these steps:
- Install the app you’d like to use and search Carson Valley Medical Center as the healthcare provider
- Follow the app’s instructions to link your MyChart information
- When the app directs you to the MyChart portal, sign in as you normally would.
- Review what information will be shared with the app before selecting to allow access
- Return to the app, which will import your MyChart data
Don’t Have MyChart Yet? Sign up!
With MyChart, users can quickly access their records for other healthcare visits or when traveling. A couple of main benefits include:
- View past and upcoming appointments
- Securely message their healthcare team
- View test and lab results
- View prescriptions and request refills
- View allergies, medical history and a summary of care document
Visit cvmchospital.org/MyChart to get started, and download the mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Other Ways to Request Your Medical Records
When you login to the MyChart website, you can fill out a request for your medical records. You can request that a PDF be released to you within MyChart or a physical copy sent to another medical office.
If you do not have a MyChart account and would like to request your records from Carson Valley Medical Center, please visit cvmchospital.org/records.